Nigeria has over 96 million people with access to tech, yet the full potential of tech isn’t being accessed by a majority. Have you ever dreamed of working in Tech without knowing how to code? Keep on reading
In Tech, there are lots of jobs and technical skills that don’t involve coding at all. For instance design, data analysis, setting up systems and processes, project management, technical writing and user (experience) research.
User Experience research is one of the technical skills you can learn without the knowledge of coding.
User experience research is about fully learning and understanding how customers interact with your product and observing how easily customers can complete their goals or the desired action. The User experience research process allows you to discover customer behaviours, needs, motivation, likes and dislikes and other types of user feedback
User research experience is a skill that is valuable to a lot of business industries such as FinTech, EduTech, HealthTech, AgriTech, Marketing and so on. It can also be applied in your personal life.
Why should you, small and medium scale enterprises, large scale enterprises, and entrepreneurs learn and invest in user experience research? Let’s find out
Importance of User Experience Research
· It enables you to learn about competitors’ products
· It provides an essential foundation for design strategy
· To understand the return on investment(ROI) of your User experience(UX) design
· To create designs that are valuable and relevant to your users
· It saves time and money
· It helps to develop things right
· Increase in conversion rates, user engagement, usage of product and profit
· Reduction in user support requirement
· Ensures users can complete their actions/tasks without making mistakes
How to Carry Out User Experience Research
There are 2 methods to do this, they are qualitative and quantitative research
When you hear quantitative, what comes to your mind is numbers and it is no different here, the qualitative method of UX research focuses on numbers and mathematical calculations and it is also called the statistical method.
Qualitative research is primarily exploratory and is used to quantify the problem using mathematical methods to generate data. Common user research experience methods that can provide quantitative data are surveys, click test, A/B tests, eye tracking studies, heat mapping, web analytics and systematic observations.
Qualitative research on the other hand collects data you cannot measure, the data is mostly descriptive, and it is often used to explain why things are happening. Qualitative Research is simply a direct assessment process based on observation. Since qualitative data can’t be measured, it has to be interpreted by the User experience researcher
Common methods that can provide qualitative data are usability tests, interviews, focus groups, guerrilla testing, field studies, and card sorting.
How User Experience Research Can Be Applied In Various Business Sectors
1. Biztech: User Experience Research is one of the best ways businesses increase adoption for their product, reduce churn and maximize returns per user. It helps to empathize and address the actual needs of users in the design of their services or products.
2. FinTech: FinTech Industries apply User Experience Research skills and knowledge when creating apps. FinTech companies use User Experience Research and strong design to differentiate their products from competitors, therefore giving them a competitive advantage
3. Marketing: User Experience is an important factor for customer growth, it also determines the retention of customers or clients,
4. HealthTech: Healthcare industries incorporate User Experience Research when launching healthcare mobile apps or websites. Due to good User Experience Research and User Experience design, patients have been able to easily use these apps to see a doctor virtually, book appointments, order drugs and so on. This has increased the growth of mobile apps and websites for the healthcare industry.
5. AgriTech: Expertise in User Experience Research and User interface development is important for building successful applications, websites and software. Due to better User Experience Research, farmers have been to track weather reports, buy seeds for harvesting, track soil reports and a few other things. It has also led to an increase in investments made in the Agritech industry.
User Experience Tips
- Identify what needs to be tested and why (e.g. a new product, feature, etc.)
- Identify the target audience and understand their needs and demands
- Maintain consistency of the user flow throughout the journey.
- Identify who your users are, what their needs are and what they want
- Identify how your users currently do things and how they would like to do them
- Keep it simple
User Research Experience Facts
- 88% of online shoppers say they wouldn’t return to a website after having a bad user experience.
- 70% of online businesses that fail do so because of bad usability.
- Better UI could raise your website’s conversion rate by 200%, and a better UX design could yield conversion rates of up to 400%
- Over 70% of small business websites do not use a call to action buttons
- Just over half (55%) of companies conduct UX tests.
Momentum by WayMaker Digital
Would you love to be a part of a professional community where you can acquire professional work experience in digital technology areas such as product management, user research, data analysis/engineering, agile scrum or software development? Get professional on-the-job support? Have access to mentors and trainers who can help you solve complex on the job challenges and provide resources that you might struggle to find by yourself?
Happy Days are here! Get momentum by WayMaker Digital to accelerate your career growth with one to one coaching, work shadowing, references, on the job support, dedicated team support and mentoring.
About the Author: Esther Ilori
Esther Ilori has been a content writer since 2017 and she currently works as a Content Writer. She brings her years of experience to her current role where she is dedicated to educating and inspiring the world on how to effectively use content writing and digital marketing in various companies, careers and to achieve various goals. Links to her published articles can be found here. You can find Esther on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
The Post Why User Experience Research is Essential to Business Growth and Success appeared first on WayMaker Digital